Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Friday, January 13, 2006

What a big boy you are!

Last night JA slept in his big boy bed for the very first time. We were worried we were tempting fate by allowing him to sleep in his cot any longer. He might just crack his skull open if he continues his nocturnal habit of climbing out. I bought a bed rail earlier this week and Mr Pants constructed it, moved the single bed into JA's room and away we went. He was very excited about the whole thing and we did build it up a bit for him in case he was feeling a bit bereft after moving the cot out of his room. After we put him to bed I kept on going in there to stroke his face and tell him what a big boy he was and of course how much his Mum loves him. I was rewarded with his gorgeous smiles but not much else because the poor kid was trying to get to sleep. I did this several times. I found the whole thing quite emotional really. I am not ashamed to admit I shed a few tears. Of course I got woken up at about 5am with a "You OK Mummy?". I would have been if I could get a decent nights sleep son o' mine.

And today, Mr poo pants told me when that he had 'poo poos' while tapping his nappy. I've been talking a lot to him all about his 'poos' and 'wees' because I am very much looking forward to him doing his biz in the loo. This kid had six shitty nappies today! AH.

So it seems my little boy is indeed growing up. One day you're taking your tiny 3 kilo bundle home from the hospital, bent over from your caesarean, wondering what in hell happens next then you have this walking, talking little midget sleeping in a normal bed telling you he has a turd in his pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home