Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Rainy days and Mondays

Haven't had the inclination to blog lately. This time of year always seems to leave me feeling extremely lethargic, apathetic and depressed. Every. single. spring.

I am finding things that wouldn't ordinarily bother me, irritating me to extremes. Example. Our across the road neighbours have about 10 cars. They are a family with three adult children and each family member, including the parents, seem to have at least 2 vehicles each. They usually line each side of the road despite the fact that they have an extensive, concreted driveway which seems to be always clear. (Unless one of them is washing a car there with their bleeding Duff Duff music blaring). It makes backing out of the driveway quite difficult, especially when I have both boys in the back. I have a little car. It has started to really piss me off that I have to forward, turn the steering wheel, reverse and turn the steering wheel at least three times each every single time I back out my car that is practically matchbox sized.

Also, I had to order a newspaper from the day of JM's birth as the person who promised me they had kept their one for him in a very safe place (as I was kind of occupied on that day, otherwise I would have purchased one myself) finally told me they had thrown "that old thing' out weeks ago. I had to order one from Paperworld at a cost of $41. JA has the papers from his day of birth, and I am trying to nip the 'second child syndrome' thing in the bud. What you do for one, you have to do for the other.

There have been other minor events that have made my blood boil. I must try to consider how little these things are in scheme of things and get on with the important stuff but I am finding it difficult with my current state of mind.

Onto much nicer things.... My boys.

Both had a visit to the Maternal and Child health nurse yesterday. JA for his 18 - 21 month assesment, JM for his 4 month one. JA was given a series of tasks to complete (building a tower with four tiny, wooden blocks with no connectors, drawing, sitting, talking, pointing to facial features, turning pages in a book and pointing at things etc). He passed with flying colours but got very frustrated with nursey when he was enjoying one activity to have it taken away from him to perform another. His language is at a 2 year old level as he is now talking in sentences. Usually starting with "I WANT" though. hehehe.

JM is doing well. He is one centimetre taller than his brother was at a similar age, but is 300 grams lighter. He certainly doesn't seem to have the same appetite his brother had. She was a bit concerned about a little head lag when she pulled him up into a sitting position, but as he held his head well when on his tummy and when lifted she appeared to soften. She is lovely, but a bit of a panic merchant.

When I told her that the baby spends a lot of time in our bed, she started to scold me exclaiming I was creating a rod for my own back. JA co-slept with us until my pregnancy bump got too big and our bed couldn't accomodate the four of us. We got him sleeping in his cot in his own room in a week without having to use control crying, so I am ignoring her advice. They are babies for such a tiny moment - there is plenty of time for him to be in his own room. I want to drink in his innocent, baby gorgeousness as it is so fleeting. We still find it hard to fathom that our firstborn is already a walking, talking little man with a will of iron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home