Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mr Pants-less

Mr Pants left for America on Saturday to attend a conference and present a paper. He'll be back on Sunday. My dear Mum has moved in to keep me company and help out. We are all missing him (but I have to admit that it's lovely to have the toilet seat permanently down, especially in the middle of the night.)

JA has been on automatic whinge mode almost constantly since his Dad left. He is sticking to me like a barnacle, constantly wanting hugs and reassurance. Poor little man! I am divided by wanting to take care of him and make sure his is as OK as possible and wanting to be able to stratch my nose uninhibited. I am also feeling really disgusting. I've had a bad cough/cold for over a week that has now turned into a sore throat and an ear infection. When both of the boys are requiring attention it is so difficult. Praise all the angels in heaven that Mum is here. Who knows how I'd cope without her. The woman deserves many medals.

Off to cough my lungs up.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 am, Blogger Kathy said...

Mums are the greatest, aren't they. My mum is so wonderful to us, she comes over every Tuesday for the whole day (gets here at 8am, leaves at 6pm) and we do stuff together, plus she minds the kids for 3 hours in the afternoon while I go to work for meetings etc. When my husband travels for work (he's away 4 nights a month), she always stays over at least one of the nights he's away, to break up the week for me. That's the sort of Mum I want to be for my girls when they have kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home