Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Got Tagged!

My very first! Got tagged by Zucchinis in Bikinis

Q)What were you doing 10 years ago?
A) My father had not long passed away so I was living with my Mum at the time so she wouldn't be alone. I was also looking for a decent contract as a secondary school teacher. Jeff Kennett was the Premier of Victoria and if you were a new teacher to the system you didn't get an ongoing position. It was all contract work. Just one of the many assholey things Kennett did in the State during his regime. When I left Mum's and was having to pay rent it was extremely stressful not knowing if you had employment for the next school term. When the Bracks government came in I was offered ongoing employment by the Department of Education. I was also quite into exercise at the time. I wish I could get back that enthusiasm.

Q)What were you doing 1 year ago?
A) Vomiting from morning sickness. I remember I had my first big spew (sorry to be so blunt but it is what is it) just after twelve weeks, when you are supposed to feel better. BUT it was around this time a year ago that I got great results from the nuchal translucency and blood test. With my first son I was got a high risk result and was strongly encouraged to have an amnio so getting low risk results was such a relief. I didn't realise how tense I was about this until I got the results - I actually felt like a physical weight was lifted. So a bit of chundering was nothing in comparison.

Five snacks you enjoy:
Chocolate, nectarines, corn chips, mint slices and cherries.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Anything by The Wiggles, JA just loves them. At first their insipidness drove me mad but now I find myself humming their tunes. God help me; Planet Earth - Duran Duran;
Blue Hotel - Chris Isaak; Dear Prudence - The Beatles; Miss Molly had a Dolly... not too many lyrics I know but I sing it to JM and he loves it so it's in my head. In my version the doctor is a girly.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Buy a nicer and bigger house or pay off this one and renovate; buy my Mum whatever she wants; save a chunk for our retirement and as an education fund for the children;
go to New York and Europe; hire someone to clean the house on a regular basis.

If I'd been asked this question a couple of years ago I think I would have been much more altruistic and benevolent. Has motherhood made me more selfish?

Five bad habits:
Not cutting my toe nails often enough; spending too much money on impulse items; not hanging the washing when the spin cycle is complete. Sometimes I have to re-wash them as the load may have been sitting in the machine for a couple of days; eating chocolate; watching The Bold and the Beautiful.

Five things you like doing:
Being with my boys; watching a good film or television show; eating!; having a long soak in the bath; reading a decent book.

Five things you would never wear, buy or get new again:
Short skirts, but through necessity rather than fancy. I just can't get away with it anymore; tight jeans; a lot of bling; pink lipstick; sandals.

So this is the plan: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot

the state of indiana
watching me grow
Ready or Not
Zucchinis in Bikinis
Mrs Pants

Then select five people to tag:

Karma to Burn

Can't think of anyone else. Every other blog I read has already been tagged.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay for delurking! Thanks for the comment :)

 
At 7:38 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

oh I'm not the only one!
Just hate that nasty whiff the damn washing gets if it has to wait to be hung out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home