Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Miracles do happen

Nothing short of a miracle has transpired here in this very house tonight. I gave the baby his goodnight kiss(es) and put him in his cot. He simply put his head down and went to sleep. No crying, not thrusting little arms up in the arm in a "pick me up Mummy don't be so cruuueelll" manner. I left the room and dared not hope.

Then I put the toddler to bed after his serve of Mum kisses. No leaping out of bed immediately, no running into the loungeroom exclaiming "NO NIGH NIGHS!! NO!". It's all so unfamilar but it's bliss.

Bedtime isn't as horrendous as I may be making out to be really. However, either one or the other, many times both, act up at bedtime fearing they are going to miss out on something really exciting. Sometimes this parenting thing can be hard, but the love that circulates in and around you just thinking about your children makes everything else fade in comparison.

Anyway...

I really must update about the milestones my two little men have been achieving. This blog is serving as a baby book of sorts so I can go back and fill them in when I can be arsed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home