Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Childcare

Tomorrow Mr Poo Poo man aka JA is starting childcare.

He is being 'orientated' while I am still at home in case it turns into a complete disaster and he either burns the centre down or has a mental breakdown. Neither of which is likely. The fact is, I decided to have him start a little early is to help me cope better with the whole prospect of actually leaving him at a place that is not his or his grandparents home. It's a concept that I am having a difficult time coming to terms with. I know it had to be done and I know he will benefit hugely from it as he is a social little mite. I think I have identified this anxiety as me mourning for the time I spent at home with my two boys. It's back to work again even if it is only for 2 days per week and my time at home exclusively being Mummy will be a precious memory. I know the day I have to leave them BOTH (the baby is going to be cared for by my wonderful mum) I will need some heavy duty tissues.

In other news I finally got the roll of film used in the operating room when JM was born developed. The delivery of the digital camera came one day after the delivery of the baby. The photo of the actual birth is way more graphic than JAs one. It apparently caused some concern for the girl who processed the film. I often wondered how closely they looked at the photographs of their clients.

Great big buckets of love to both my boys. xoxoxo

2 Comments:

At 8:09 pm, Blogger Chai said...

How exciting regd childcare. Off topic but guy at work bought a t-shirt for his toddler that said "ALL MOMMY WANTED WAS A BACKRUB". The people at the creche loved it :-)

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger Mrs Pants said...

Haha chai. Given that our two are only 16 months apart I should have one made that says "Mummy went to bed just to get some sleep".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home