Mrs Pants

Babies, bottles and rock n' roll.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Serenity now!

Insanity later.

What a day! I got absolutely NOTHING done except feed, clothe and bathe my babes. Either one or the other was completely demanding of my attention. Son #1 (JA) flexed his toddler muscles and smeared banana and cheese into the carpet, spilt 250mls of water all over the kitchen floor and tried to drink his baby shampoo. Son #2 (JM) was very clingy and would literally howl whenever I put him down for a second. He has just started shedding real tears now which makes his crying especially sad. Mr_Pants was working furiously in the garden trying to prepare our house for a party we are having next month to celebrate the birth of our beautiful second born. The house looks like a tornardo has been through it. Before I had children I was the classic anal retentive. My clothes were hung uni-directionally, in length and colour order and I had matching hangers. Every drawer, cupboard and shelf was perfect. I dusted the skirting boards weekly for God sake. Now I am lucky when I can find the toothpaste and a clean pair of knickers in the morning.

My heart aches I love my boys so much but some days are so hard.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 am, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

You only do your skirting boards once a week?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home